The Delivery Coordinator shall be responsible for the delivery of firewood from the woodlot to qualified clients or wood bins.
- Work as a member of the Management Team.
- Receive from Sharing House, a ministry partner, firewood delivery needs, and make delivery arrangements of firewood from the woodlot to the identified qualified clients or to the Sharing House wood bins.
- Request from the Woodlot Coordinator how much and which firewood is available for delivery.
- If the need for delivered firewood is greater than what is available, coordinate with Sharing House to prioritize delivery.
- Work with the Equipment Coordinator for the use of ministry equipment.
- Notify the woodlot owner by text message whenever anyone will be at the woodlot.
- Expected to develop and manage a team of volunteers to make firewood deliveries.
- Provide for any additional similar firewood distribution needs of the ministry.
- The list of responsibilities may from time to time be modified as agreed by consensus with the Management Team.
Qualifications and Experience
- A person with a love of our Lord Jesus and a heart for serving others.
- A self motivated and self managed individual capable of working in a non-hierarchical organization.
- Able to manage a team of volunteers.
Authorized to spend ministry funds up to the amount budgeted for delivery activities, limited by the total ministry funds available.
WNC FireWood First Aid Training.
Member of the Management Team.
Leads the Delivery Teams.
Self-supervised as part of the Management Team which reports to the sponsoring congregations.
Supervises all Drivers, and through them their teams.
While the position is year round, the time required will primarily be to coordinate deliveries from November through February and is estimated to be about 50 hours per year.
May also serve as a Driver (all requirement of that position apply).