- Responsible for the safety of the Splitting Team.
- Any time the log splitter is being used the Assistant must have eyes on the Splitter.
- Responsible to see that what the Splitter needs done is performed correctly and safely.
- Responsible for the on-the-job training and direct supervision of all team Movers.
- A Splitting Team must have one Assistant.
- May operate the log splitter control but only if the Splitter has delegated that action.
- A person with a love of our Lord Jesus and a heart for serving others.
- Able to maintain focus, especially in a crisis situation.
- Able to direct the activities of at least one other team member.
Each Splitter is encouraged (but not required) to recruit a team consisting of an Assistant and at least one Mover.
It is desirable for this team of three or more to schedule to work together at the woodlot.
Stop the Splitting Team to address any safety issues.
Supervision of the team Movers.
WNC FireWood Assistant Training.
WNC FireWood First Aid Training.
Member of the Splitting Team.
Works under the direction of the Splitter.
Workdays are scheduled in 4 hour blocks. Volunteers are requested to volunteer for at least 3 workdays per year.
An Assistant must read and understand