The Mover for the Splitting Team is responsible for moving split firewood to the firewood pile and helping the Splitter as necessary.
- Responsible for assisting the Splitter, as needed and as directed by the Splitter, to position rounds on the splitter.
- Responsible for moving split firewood to the stacking pile in the staging zone for access by the Stacking Team under the direction of the Assistant.
- Responsible for boxing kindling and moving filled boxes to the dry storage area under the direction of the Assistant.
- A Splitting Team must have one Mover; it may have more.
- No split firewood or kindling should be left in the splitting zone when the Splitting Team is through for the day.
- A person with a love of our Lord Jesus and a heart for serving others.
- Physical strength and dexterity required to safely move cut rounds, split firewood, and boxed kindling. Requires an intermediate lifting and carrying strength compared to other Mover positions; see Mover descriptions and the Mover Note.
Each Splitter is encouraged (but not required) to recruit a team consisting of an Assistant and at least one Mover.
It is desirable for this team of three or more to schedule to work together at the woodlot.
On-the-job Training provided by the Assistant.
Member of the Splitting Team.
Works under the direction of the Assistant.
Workdays are scheduled in 4 hour blocks. Volunteers are requested to volunteer for at least 3 workdays per year.
Make sure to review all materials that applies to the full Splitting Team.
Movers can be part of any woodlot work team: Cutting Team, Splitting Team, Stacking Team, or Delivery Team. Each team has specific Mover responsibilities consistent with the work goals of the teams; see Moverdescriptions. You will thus find slightly different requirements for each position: Mover – Cutting Team, Mover-Splitting Team, Mover – Stacking Team, and Mover – Delivery Team.