The Mover for the Cutting Team is responsible for moving cut rounds to the splitting area.
- Responsible for moving rounds (preferably by rolling) to the appropriate area under the direction of the Spotter. Refer to the Round Cutting Specifications.
- If possible, rounds should be stacked neatly, either on ends or on sides.
- A Cutting Team may have 1 or more Mover.
- No cut rounds should be left in the cutting area when the Cutting Team is through for the day. All rounds should be moved to their appropriate area.
- A person with a love of our Lord Jesus and a heart for serving others.
- Physical strength and dexterity required to safely move cut rounds. Requires a greater lifting and rolling strength compared to the other Mover positions; see Mover descriptions and the Mover Note.
It is desirable for this team of three to schedule to work together at the woodlot.
On-the-job Training provided by the Spotter.
Member of the Cutting Team.
Works under the direction of the Spotter.
Workdays are scheduled in 4 hour blocks. Volunteers are requested to volunteer for at least 3 workdays per year.
Make sure to review all materials that applies to the full Cutting Team.
Movers can be part of any woodlot work team: Cutting Team, Splitting Team, Stacking Team, or Delivery Team. Each team has specific Mover responsibilities consistent with the work goals of the teams; see Mover descriptions. You will thus find slightly different requirements for each position: Mover – Cutting Team, Mover-Splitting Team, Mover – Stacking Team, and Mover – Delivery Team.